Secret Cemeteries

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Some more dyeing


Someone on the walk commented on the link between dyeing and cemeteries. I was a bit surprised to see a demonstration I am doing for ERFT advertised as Jenny's dying demonstration, that wasn't quite what I had in mind. Anyway the sample below is my interpretation of how new life can come out of ruin. It is iron and tannin flour paste resist dyed with an area of indigo and weld. 




This next sample is based on a grave I saw at St Nicolas Church yard, the one where the grave has a little metal roof all of its own. The metal had become weathered and verdigris has occurred. This sample is made cotton and  indigo and weld that has been tray dyed with iron and tannin.

I thought I would be very disciplined and finish ideas from before the 'Walk' I am really excited about all the photo's and ideas that people have given me from the walk, now I can get on with those.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home