Secret Cemeteries

Sunday 20 September 2009

St Nicolas Churchyard




I visited a Church yard near me this afternoon, it has grave stones from the century before last. There were lots of signs of nature at work. As well as yellow lichen and marks made by ivy that is long gone, there was this rather unusual one, its made of wood and has a metal canopy.  The metal has been weathered, I think the stains and graduations of colour are fascinating.


















I like the curved shape of this stone and the different textures, moss, this is rather fluffy, lichen, little and crisp and the hard stone. This area has had a lot of human attention and the grass was well manicured.

The Church yard also has some areas where nature is allowed full reign. I found this angel really hidden away, surrounded by greenery and bird song. She has lovely subtle colouring.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home