Secret Cemeteries

Thursday 10 September 2009

Taking a walk

Last year I went on an Eco Retreat in Knoydart in Scotland, one of the last wild places in the UK, it a beautiful special place. I met Karen there, Karen shares my passion for nature and Eco things. For Secret Cemeteries I am having a walk in a Victorian Cemetery. Karen and I took a walk in Highgate Cemetery in August. This is one of the parts of Highgate that Karen really liked.  It really shows how nature can effect what man has made.
I hope that on my walk people will have all sorts of different things that inspire them, maybe poems or memories as well. Later we can use these images when we do dyeing with natural dyes.
I am planning the walk at the moment its to be on October the 3rd at Kensal Green Cemetery.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I am very much looking forward to the walk. To me cemetries are interesting places conjuring up a whole lot of different emotions and memories mixed with very inspiring visual imagery and a sense of tranquility. I used to live a few metres from a cemetry in Breda in The Netherlands when I was in my twenties and frequently visited the place to relax and ponder about my life and the meaning of it. I also worked a long time ago with natural dyes and love to revisit experimenting with that.

    By Blogger Catherina, At 10 September 2009 at 06:35  

  • Catherina what a lovely thought that cemeteries are a place to think about the meaning of life.
    I look forward to hearing about your experience in natural dyeing.

    By Blogger Jenny Leslie, At 11 September 2009 at 04:13  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home