Secret Cemeteries

Monday 7 September 2009

Starting the Project

Secret cemeteries is Jenny May's project for a BA in Embroidered Textiles with the Julia Caprara School of Textile Arts.
For my final year I wanted to do something that I am really passionate about. Recently I've got really excited about art community projects because they can combine my triple passions, textiles, nature and engaging people in something exciting and personally transforming.
For the last 3 months I have been visiting Victorian Cemeteries in north London, taking photo's and drawing, this is one of the left.
Cemeteries can be beautiful, tranquil places that have an amazing amount of wildlife small and large.
They offer an ideal opportunity to see the tension between man and nature. You can see clearly the effect that nature is having on what man has constructed.
I would love to have peoples ideas on these theme, as diverse as possible please.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home