Secret Cemeteries

Monday 1 March 2010

Nearly there

We have our last making workshop next Saturday, by then our hanging will be nearly finished.
Meanwhile I have been doing some more stitching with silk and scrim. The top photo
is scrim, and silk organza over cotton. They are all dyed by Lana with indigo and cochineal. I really enjoy this simple sewing.
The picture below is some of Judith's photo shop prints, you can clearly see the angel and the stone passion flower in the bottom image. I have stitched the top image, its rather fainter as its printed on to organza.
 
This is the same image only larger and printed on to cotton, I have frayed it, I like the mossy bits.
 

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • This looks to be such a wonderful project. Really co-operative.
    Maybe I missed how you are putting the photos onto the fabric? Are you putting the fabric through the ink jet printer?

    Great stuff.

    By Blogger Judy Martin, At 5 March 2010 at 05:54  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home