Secret Cemeteries

Sunday 10 January 2010

Ice and snow disrupts everything

I thought it best to postpone our designing workshop yesterday, the minor roads were very snowy and icy and some people were coming a distance. During the morning I put some hot water out for the birds, by lunch time it was frozen.



Its is the ice and snow that causes stone to crack and break up, disrupting it.

Here is a recent flour paste resist piece, it does look like cracking stone, its on my patio, I hope the patio isn't beginning to crumble, some of the roads are around here are.

For the last dyeing workshop I bought some flour for the flour paste resist from the Co-op, the results were not very good, the paste was slimy and difficult to spread. This fabric had a flour paste resist made with Sainsbury's, flour, they do two own brands, this is the more expensive. Jo Budd had the same trouble with flour from the Happy Shoper!! on the work shop I went on with her in the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home